Our Baby Class

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Flats Challenge Day 4: On the Go


I actually looked forward to posting about being out and about with flats for this challenge.  Although I don't use flats full time, they are one of my favorites for the diaper bag.  

I wrote a little bit about this in my comparison of Ju-Ju-Be diaper bags. I can fit everything for one diaper change in my Ju-Ju-Be Quick if I use flats, which take up about the same room as dry disposables.  With my big mommy wallet, flats are the only cloth diaper that fit well in this bag.
This is my favorite diaper bag for running errands or going out for a couple of hours.  It's called the Ju-Ju-Be Light, and here it is, all ready to go. It's a nice lightweight bag and super cute to boot.  With flats, I have plenty of room for everything that I need. I can fit three (or more) diaper changes, along with everything I need for the toddler and my own personal items.  It looks a little bit different depending on my needs for that day.  But no matter what's inside, I always feel a little more classy when I carry this bag.  


 On Monday, I headed out for a morning appointment and lunch date.  Little girl was sick and so was her daddy, so I left them at home recuperating and watching Disney movies.  With just baby boy, I was able to travel quite lightly.

  • Change of clothes
  • Wetbag
  • Wipe solution
  • Cloth wipes
  • Diaper cream
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Two clean covers
  • Three flats
In the outer pockets of the diaper bag, I was able to stuff my wallet, phone, keys, and a Moleskin notebook.  The flats are folded in the well-named "diaper bag fold," which happens to be my favorite. 

While I was out, I needed to change baby boy in the back of our car--somewhat dirty from hauling plants.  No problem! I shook out one of the diapers and laid it flat--instant changing mat.  Need to wipe baby boy's runny nose?  Spare flat to the rescue.  We're largely beyond the spit-up phase, but, flats work great as burp cloths too.  They are the most versatile option for your diaper bag.  
  



No comments:

Post a Comment